Know therefore that the Lord your God, He is God, the faithful God, who keeps his covenant and his living kindness to a thousandth generation with those who love and keep his commandments;
Deuteronomy 7: 9
Happy Wednesday to ya folks. It is rainy, drizzly day here in KC. Everything is turning a lovely shade of green in these parts, including the dandelions… ugh.
We have 2 new members of our family, let me formally introduce you; this is Louie and Dewey. My son is going through a Duck Tales period. OK, I know, they are rats, but guys hear me out. I did not plan on getting rats, but after googling, The best small pet for children, these guys repeatedly kept showing up.
Supposedly they are like mini dogs, in the fact that they will learn to come to their name, do tricks, don’t bite, they enjoy human interaction (we haven’t quite got to that stage yet), they are naturally disease free, and the list goes on.
Poor Mr. Mead, he is not quite the animal person. But he is a awesome dad, who is putting aside his own distaste for animals aside so that his kiddos can be exposed and reap the benefits.
And on from rats, to food. 🙂
California Chicken and Avocado Flat bread, be still my heart. Cheese, bacon, and avocado, and with some cilantro for good measure, yum! There is a food chain called Schlotzky’s that makes these bundles of joy. It often is catered into my work where upon arriving they are usually cold, and the avocado has browned. They did not look very appetizing, but man oh man, they were delicious. I knew I had to take a little spin at making these.
It is safe to say, these turned out perfect. Now these are exactly dietetic, however they are quick and would be a crowd pleaser for Friday night movies or any get together. And you will not have to worry about someone else bringing something similar to your masterpiece.
Give these a try, let me know what you think!
- 2 large bread Flat breads/Naan - I used Sprouts Garlic Flat bread
- 2 cups of cheddar - preferably smoked
- ½ cup shredded chicken - I used Rotisserie Chicken
- 3 pieces of cooked bacon - crumbled
- ¼ cup finely diced Red Bell Pepper
- ½ Avocado - chopped
- ¼ cup Cilantro - minced
- Kosher Salt
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Spicy Mayo (recipe to follow)
- ½ Mayonnaise (Hellman's)
- 1 tbs Sriracha
- 1 tbs milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- On a lined cookie sheet, place flat bread/Naan.
- Sprinkle ½ of cheese, chicken, bacon and pepper to each piece of bread.
- Place into oven, cook for 12-15 minutes - until cheese is thoroughly melted.
- Meanwhile, in a medium sized bowl mix together mayonnaise, Sriracha, and milk.
- Remove from oven - add cilantro, avocado, Red pepper flakes, and Kosher salt to preference.
- Drizzle with spicy mayonnaise.