Then Peter came and said to Him, “Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me and I forgive him? Up to seven times? Jesus said to him, ” I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven.
Matthew 18 : 21-22
This post comes to you just in time for 4th of July celebrations. Jazzed up potato salad (hmm… that would have been a catchy name). Potato salad is always a key dish at any summer festivity. I don’t know about you but I like my potato salad to have some flava. If you also like a little kick to your side dish, Loaded Potato Salad will not let you down – it is full of pizzazz for your palate. I am just full of adjectives today… 🙂
The key to this tangy potato salad is the potatoes marinated in a homemade dressing, it adds so much flavor; then add in all the fixings. To include sour cream, cheese, BACON, and green onions. Yum!
- 3 lbs of potatoes (about 6 large potatoes)
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 slices bacon, diced & crisp cooked
- ¾ cup green onions - chopped (1 bundle)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- For the dressing:
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- Place potatoes in a large pot of water, bring to a boil.
- Boil for 25-30 minutes or until a knife can be easily inserted into the centers.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place bacon on an aluminum foil lined jelly roll pan (a cookie sheet with 1" side), bake for 20-25 minutes. Until crispy.
- Place bacon on paper towel lined plate
- Once bacon has cooled down, crumble bacon.
- Dice green onions.
- Drain potatoes, allow to cool down for handling.
- Mix dressing ingredients together in a small bowl then set aside.
- Peel potatoes and cut into approximate 1" cubes.
- Place into a large bowl, drizzle with dressing. Stir. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove from refrigerator, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add in cheese, bacon, onions, sour cream, and mayonnaise. Stir together well.